So you've decided to join the game. Great! How do you go about doing that and what are you supposed to do at first?
First things first, the command to join the game is !new char
When you join you will receive a private message from the bot that looks something like this:
BattleArena: You enter the arena with a total of 1000 red orbs to spend.
BattleArena: Your password has been set to battlearena12c and it is recommended you change it using the command !newpass battlearena12c newpasswordhere in private or at least write the password down. Passwords cannot be recovered!
You are also given a number of red orbs, the main currency in this game. The number will be based on how many other players are in the game and what level they are. You will receive an average to help newer players not be so far behind the rest.
The password will be randomly generated. The bot tells you the next command you should do next: !newpass. It is recommended you change your password immediately so that you don't forget the randomly generated one. No one can retrieve your password, should you lose it.
Why do you need a password? Before you can join in the game you need to ID into the bot. This is to prevent someone else from playing with your character. In private with the bot you need to type !id password and you will be logged in if your password is correct.
With that you can finally start shopping for upgrades, joining battles and using more commands!
Some basic commands you may want to check out:
- !orbs - Tells you how many black and red orbs you have left.
- !stats - Shows you your attributes.
- !level - Tells you what your estimated level is. Your estimated level is based on the core 4 attributes (str, def, int and spd). In order to increase your level, increase those four attributes.
- !weapons - This will return a list of all the weapons you own along with the current level of each weapon.
- !techs - Will return a list of techniques you know for your equipped weapon, along with the level of each technique.
- !items - Will return a list of the items you own.
- !look - Allows you to see what you're wearing. You can also do !look person to look at someone else.
- !status - Will return the current status of your character (like poisoned, stunned, that sort of thing).
- !equip weapon - This will allow you to swap weapons on the fly at any time. Of course you must actually own that weapon to swap to it.
- !desc - Will display your character description to the channel.
- !cdesc desc - Changes your character description.
- !skill desc skill description - Allows you to set a custom description for one of your skills. For example: !skill desc MightyStrike puts all his power into this mighty strike!
- !setgender male/female/neither - If you're playing as a different gender than male, set it here.
- !view-info tech/item/skill/weapon name - This command will display information on techs, items, skills, and weapons.
- !battle stats - This command will tell you how many battles have been fought, wins/losses and the current winning/losing streak.
- !style - This command tells you which style you have equipped, which styles you own, and how much XP you have into the current style.
- !style change name - This command will change your style.
- /me gives [#] item to person - You can give items/accessories to other players using this command.
- !save battle streak - Save the current battle level to your file so that you can return there later. Consider this as a way to "save your game" if you have to go and want to resume on the same level later. You can only save once an hour.
- !reload battle streak - Reloads the saved battle level from your file to the bot. In order for a level to be reloaded, the Arena cannot currently be above level 10.
- !view battle save - If you've saved a level to your file, you can see what it is here.
- !clear battle save - Clears your saved level.
Here's a quick explanation of the attributes:
- HP: health. When this hits 0, you're out of the battle.
- TP: technique points, basically MP in other games. TP are used to perform techniques.
- Ignition gauge: this is used to perform ignition boosts. New players start with 0, and must purchase Ignition Gauge in the shop when they are ready.
- Strength: how strong you are. This provides power to standard attacks and some techniques.
- Defense: how well you can block damage. This reduces the damage you take from all attacks.
- Intelligence: your magical power. This boosts some techniques, and also reduces the damage you take from techniques somewhat.
- Speed: this affects the turn order: faster players will go first.
In DCC mode, the following additional commands are available:
- !toggle battle chat - This will allow you to toggle the battle chat on or off. When set to on you will see the battle stuff even if you're not in the battles. When off, you must join battles to see how the battles are going.
- !who's online - Will tell you who's logged into the game.